Monday 16 August 2021

Summer nectar source

 Hemp agrimony seems to be a great nectar source now that there are no wildflowers in the meadow. There were 5 Red Admirals and lots of bumble bees feeding in this photo.

I have been growing some more Agrimony from last years seed and they are now outgrowing their pots.

So I have been planting them out in groups. Preparing the ground by either digging an area or using Roundup to decrease competition from coarse grasses.

It may be a bit soon to plant out as the ground was rock solid and I will have to carry water to keep them going through the rest of the summer. However, if I can keep them watered they will have a good long time to get established before winter.

I found this leopard slug under one of the pots.



No comments:

Post a Comment